Written by Shannon Cose, Realife Cooperative & Heritage Heights Resident Services Manager
I get asked questions all of the time about what Heritage Heights is. I find that many people do not have a clear understanding of what we really are, and who qualifies to live here. I thought I would highlight a few of the key aspects about our wonderful building so you could see for yourself if you meet the requirements.
We would love to have you join us!
- Heritage Heights consists of 35 affordable apartments that are subsidized by HUD (Housing and Urban Development). Apartments consists of studios & 1 bedroom units.
- No one pays the same amount of rent, as it based on 30% of your adjusted gross income. To get to a person’s adjusted gross income, we are able to deduct certain expenses such as qualifying medical insurance premiums and healthcare related costs.
- To qualify to live here, a single person’s income must be below $27,800/year or below $31,750/year for a couple. You may also have assets.
- Many who are receiving social security as their only form of income could qualify.
- The head of household must be 62 years of age or older.
- Handicapped individuals also qualify if they are over the age of 18 and meet the requirements for this special designation.
- Lunch & supper meals can be provided by Gracewell at a low cost.
- Transportation to the grocery store is provided once every two weeks.
- Maintenance free living. Maintenance on call 24 hours.
- All utilities are included, with tenant being responsible for telephone, cable and internet.
- Laundry facilities on site
- Fitness Room
- Party room for family gatherings
- Quiet & Safe Environment
If you would like a tour or to fill out an application, please feel free to call Shannon Cose at (712) 263-6631, Monday through Friday from Noon to 4:30pm. I would be happy to answer any questions.