It is important to note communities are seeing positive COVID-19 cases even in those who are vaccinated. This is a great reminder just because you are vaccinated, this does not mean a ‘free for all’. Those who are vaccinated and test positive generally have shown they are asymptotic or experience very light symptoms; this is what the vaccine is supposed to do. We are finding out most of the positive cases, post vaccinated, can be when there are positives in the household. With children unable to get the vaccine at this time, they are a common spreader of COVID-19 as well.
Why get the vaccine? Because it significantly reduces the severity of COVID-19 for yourself should you get the virus. And, it helps protect others.
With graduation parties and other events coming up, please be on alert.
Fully vaccinated individuals can:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people without wearing masks or physically distancing.
- Visit with unvaccinated people (including children) from a single household who are at low risk for severed COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing.
- Participate in outdoor activities and recreation without a mask, except in certain crowded settings and venues.
For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:
- Take precautions in indoor public settings like wearing a well-fitted mask.
- Wear well-fitted masks when visiting indoors with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe-COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease. Wear well-fitted masks when visiting indoors with unvaccinated people from multiple households.
- Avoid indoor large-sized in-person gatherings.
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Facility: Eventide Nursing Home
Cumulative # of Residents COVID+ as of today: 40 (0 active cases)
Cumulative # of Staff COVID+ as of today: 59 (1 active case)
Reason for Notification:
✔ Weekly Update
Please know that we are taking all actions we can to prevent the risk of further transmission of COVID-19. All of our team members are wearing proper PPE. We are not allowing team members to work with any new onset of symptoms, and we are paying employees to stay home if they test positive. We continue screening all who enter the facility, cleaning and disinfecting frequently, utilizing telehealth, educating team members etc.
If you have any general questions, please contact CEO Mindi Baker at 712.263.3114. You may continue to contact the resident’s nurse for specific resident conditions.
Facility: Silveridge Assisted Living
Not required by CMS but we offer the following transparency for Silveridge Assisted Living:
Cumulative # of Tenants COVID+ as of today: 0
Cumulative # of Staff COVID+ as of today: 4 (1 active case)